April 06, 2007

Correct me if I'm wrong,

but I found the host on the radio station, NJ 101.5, to be extremely rude to one of his callers today at approximately 1:50 pm (today is 04/06/07). I never listen to that station, but the discussion mentioned school buses & DYFS and caught my attention as I went around the dial.
It seems the host, Dennis, wasn't content to disagree w/ his caller, but also had to insult the man by saying that the caller "had his head so far up his a$$ there was an echo in his kidneys" HELLO? When did that become normal conversation on the radio? Why does society tolorate that on the airwaves? I don't want my kids hearing that on a regular basis.

I have a hard time believing that kind of launguage is considered acceptable on talk radio. I definitely won't bother tuning in to 101.5 again and am not proud that they call themelves NJ's radio station. Personally, I prefer the information and banter on NPR.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4/09/2007 5:45 PM, Blogger nightfly said...

Big Joe Henry is the only thing worth listening to over there. (I totally should have gone for that Dream Job deal they ran last year when they held open auditions for the 7pm-11pm slot.)

I prefer 107.1 - pop oldies and such, nothing to write home about, but the jockeys are pretty good. Bob Shannon is broadcasting there now.

 
At 4/14/2007 10:52 PM, Blogger Mr. Bingley said...

I can't stand that radio station.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home