November 20, 2006

No work as unending, like a house forlorn

aaagh! How many countless hours and weekends do I have to sink into this house in order to enjoy living in it? Make no mistake - I AM very grateful to have a roof (albeit leaking) over my head and an otherwise warm, cozy abode to come home to, but the maintenance is overwhelming.

I figured that the peeling paint outside had something to do with moisture leaking in and that it needed to be addressed. However, I'm no Norm Abrams and I needed to work up the courage to tackle this project. Now, water is getting in and dripping above the side door to the house. Time to face the music.

Too bad I can't just buy the house some flowers and tell it I'm sorry. Now that would be easy.

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 1:58 PM, Blogger nightfly said...

Well, I can't bring the house flowers, but I can bring you a tasty beverage...

 
At 12/08/2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Prussian Tiger said...

Sounds good. And... if we put said beverages on the roof then the drinks will be on the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home